Skip to main content

Today is the day of the Revolution!

The carefully guarded legacy of the Beatles is to be unleashed again upon the world. It is truly another invasion in the form of a Revolution. The release of the third popular "Rock Band" and "Guitar Hero" allow players to mimic their favorite Beatles band member with "The Beatles: Rock Band."

Forty-five Beatles tunes are featured in the game with instrumental parts, accompanied by animation sequences that will draw oohs and ahhs from fans. Fans choose a song and a member of the band, like, George Harrison's guitar line on "Day Tripper" and follow along as the animated Beatles perform.

Fans will play their favorite songs through great venues such as the Cavern Club and Shea Stadium. Later sequences take place in Abbey Road studio and other interpretive fantasy environments inspired by song lyrics and themes.

The seed was planted by son of George Harrision, the late Beatles guitarist, Dhani Harrison, who approached Harmonix with the idea. Every detail required approval from Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Yoko Ono and Olivia Harrison, the "Rock Band" team was given plenty of creative leeway.

The deal will is unprecedented licensing contract of 10 Million upfront for song licensing, according to the Los Angeles Times. The Beatles and other rights holders stand to gain another $40 million in royalites.

Fans of Rock Band will be able to dive right in by dropping $60 and use the accesories they already own. Others can choose from two special configurations: $250 Limited-edition bundle, whish includes the game along with Beatles-tailored gear, with controllers styled afdter RickenBacker and Cretsch guitars; or a $150 special-value bundle, with the game and standard "Rock Band" gear.

Of course one should already have an available game system.




A new twist for "Rock Band" and son of the most challenging aspects of the game is the new harmony parts. The more accurate the singing, the bigger the points rewarded.

MTV Games senior vice president Bob Picunko figures there are two big audiences for the new title: "It's a way to introduce rhythm-music games to Beatles fans, and introduce the Beatles to younger gaming fans."

"Coming in as a casual Beatles fan, you start learning about the complexities of this music in a much more direct and visceral way by playing it," says Foster. "Playing 'Taxman,' you realize how insane Paul's bass part gets -- in the middle of the song, it totally goes off script. You can't help but be confronted by those moments of creativity, those bursts of inspiration."

As a special bonus for my friends and family, I have a special coupon for a special price reduction. So if you are family or friends and want the Rock Band: The Beatles Limited-Edition for a special value, please click the previous link. This is only good for a few days.

Popular posts from this blog

Watch, Act, Heal

This walk I have been taking down the little path of spirituality often has dropped me off into a emotional void. Trust and love seem to be the first emotions to close up and withdrawal. With a lifetime of being incorrectly educated to be concerned with others opinions and desires, I have created situations of distrust and conditional love. I have done this to spouses, children and other people, creating victims and martyrs alike. I am changing this with the Four Agreements. So this emotional void or abyss that one must traverse to gain a better understanding of the different parts of the heart and mind is very scary and I am so convinced it is full of demons and dragons of hurt and suffering. I understand that I must trust myself, in soul purpose and higher mind purpose, to guide and hold a space of openness, trust and love. To reach for the highest ideal I can access and pay attention thoughts, feelings and intentions I must remain focused, maintaining peak states of Now. Paying atte...

Love, Forgiveness, & Gratitude

So many people have thoughts of futility about their lives, it becomes frustrating to actually listen to others peoples conversations. Many are so wrapped up in the rigid patterns of perceived priorities they do not even remember why they are existing; everyday functions are performed on autopilot. Of course having a basic understanding of why we exist and what we are suppose to be accomplishing tend to take many on journeys of the soul. The struggle can be easily overcome for yourself and for everyone else around you if you can utilize these three applications -- love, forgiveness and gratitude. Not to say life will no longer have its challenges; solutions to the insurmountable issues will be much more available if you apply these three aspects. John Lennon's lyrics to the song "Love" says much about the true measure of love that we need to apply in our worldly lives. "Love is knowing we can be" is pure humanity. The love of God is beyond our understanding and ...

Giving more to my spouse

Currently I am working through several books, self-help, higher consciousness, type books. One is by Steve Pavlina "Personal Development for Smart People" and another Don Miguel Ruiz "The Four Agreements". My goal was to read three books a month that will challenge me to make changes. Of course I still have my other spiritual studies that I am to complete. I am doing okay on this challenge. Recently my lovely spouse has decided to be really challenging too my development and has produced a list of "expectations" she has for a spouse. To say the least, she has been frustrated with me lately. Understandably so. So in return I will be making a list of intentions for her. I am working through the list and making sure that each thing is inspiring, practical, purposeful and yet just challenging enough to not provoking to her free agency, goals and desires. Before I get into finalizing that list I am going to make some of my intentions known to the world, my sp...