Skip to main content

Keyword of the times - Kindness

I have been hearing many speaking of gloom and doom; for our immediate future and our long term outlook. It is times like these that I know the best way is to deal with some of the ugly things coming at us with a dose of kindness.

First thing is think of getting your things in order. Get rid of the things you are not using by giving it to someone who can use it. This will help bring more into your world. Organize and prepare every needful thing, for your family and yourself. This is the time to use the good part of selfish.

Second, with the economy taking a nose dive things at home get stressful. Domestic crimes due tend to rise, theft and violence always bubble up when desperation sneaks in into our lives. Keep an eye on coworkers, friends and associates. This is the time to expand who we know and who knows you. The signs will be just as evident of their crisis as it will be with your situation. Your open ear and friendly shoulder will comfort depression and victims of violence. Make sure everyone knows you are the one they can rely on for the Charity that is lacking.

Third, encourage your associates, employers and colleges to become more humane in their communications and associations. This is the time employers should be stepping up for charities, sponsoring local organizations, and showing they are really out for the betterment of the community. The companies need to be really helping out with Boys and Girl Scouts, other Church missions and showing support to local charities. This is the time when those large corporations, Wal-Mart, McDonalds, Dollar Tree and other low value stores can show their high morals.

Fourth, learning something new, spiritually. Do not open up your scriptures and think you got all the answers. The scriptures are simply, like history books, things we have not learned from the past. This goes for any scripture, Koran, Bible, ancient texts. Get out there and be Charity, Love and Goodwill. You have within you the entire library of Knowledge. You just have to open it up. Ask within yourself the questions you have and you will get the answer.

I have looked to my key influences, the people who have made the most impact in my life. They have always been patient, kind, non-demanding, givers of need, just and listen with their heart. We have no time to deal with those who put their view points upon us unjustly. The time is upon us to give unconditionally and to receive the same. Our opportunity to learn from others misfortunes is at hand and we need to show we are humans with hearts that are full of love and understanding even when desperation has us in its clutches.

Namaste'


----------------
You should listen to this: Ed Burleson - All Bucked Up
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Watch, Act, Heal

This walk I have been taking down the little path of spirituality often has dropped me off into a emotional void. Trust and love seem to be the first emotions to close up and withdrawal. With a lifetime of being incorrectly educated to be concerned with others opinions and desires, I have created situations of distrust and conditional love. I have done this to spouses, children and other people, creating victims and martyrs alike. I am changing this with the Four Agreements. So this emotional void or abyss that one must traverse to gain a better understanding of the different parts of the heart and mind is very scary and I am so convinced it is full of demons and dragons of hurt and suffering. I understand that I must trust myself, in soul purpose and higher mind purpose, to guide and hold a space of openness, trust and love. To reach for the highest ideal I can access and pay attention thoughts, feelings and intentions I must remain focused, maintaining peak states of Now. Paying atte...

Love, Forgiveness, & Gratitude

So many people have thoughts of futility about their lives, it becomes frustrating to actually listen to others peoples conversations. Many are so wrapped up in the rigid patterns of perceived priorities they do not even remember why they are existing; everyday functions are performed on autopilot. Of course having a basic understanding of why we exist and what we are suppose to be accomplishing tend to take many on journeys of the soul. The struggle can be easily overcome for yourself and for everyone else around you if you can utilize these three applications -- love, forgiveness and gratitude. Not to say life will no longer have its challenges; solutions to the insurmountable issues will be much more available if you apply these three aspects. John Lennon's lyrics to the song "Love" says much about the true measure of love that we need to apply in our worldly lives. "Love is knowing we can be" is pure humanity. The love of God is beyond our understanding and ...

Giving more to my spouse

Currently I am working through several books, self-help, higher consciousness, type books. One is by Steve Pavlina "Personal Development for Smart People" and another Don Miguel Ruiz "The Four Agreements". My goal was to read three books a month that will challenge me to make changes. Of course I still have my other spiritual studies that I am to complete. I am doing okay on this challenge. Recently my lovely spouse has decided to be really challenging too my development and has produced a list of "expectations" she has for a spouse. To say the least, she has been frustrated with me lately. Understandably so. So in return I will be making a list of intentions for her. I am working through the list and making sure that each thing is inspiring, practical, purposeful and yet just challenging enough to not provoking to her free agency, goals and desires. Before I get into finalizing that list I am going to make some of my intentions known to the world, my sp...