Skip to main content

Adventures of an eBay writer, instructor and educator

Adventures of an eBay writer, instructor and educator
This is the blog for Janelle Elms of Ebay University, Ebay Stores, etc...
She is an awesome person who has things going in the right direction. After reading her blog, from what she reveals about herself, I find her to be honest, outgoing, and self assured. Plus she like 4x4'in!
If you are an ebay person, looking for some marketing direction she has the keys to those doors. The only thing that I think could be improved in her class, would be more emphisis upon the social marketing aspects. But then again I think this would take a whole day for those discussions.
After the classes, most of the people where coming to me to ask about the social marketing, thanks to her comment about me being a social marketing guru. I wish!
For those who do not want to be a ebay seller, there are plenty of work for you if you can get in with these power sellers.
One member of the class sold film, 16mm - 70mm. He did not have a newsletter about his products, no reviews, no guides, no blog. His store did not even have the RSS feeds turned on. Jannelle did this for him with the entire class watching. This guy could also benefit from the whole social marketing but blogging, podcasting, and getting out there for his customers to learn about his product.
I also think that audio/video media needs to utilized more within any of the ecommerce triangle.
I have been selling Music CD's, that information is provided by Muse. Picture, Artist Info, and track listing. But a snippet of sound would be better, to have so a buyer could sample the tracks.
I know where Ebay could get all the snippets they want, and probably for cheap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Watch, Act, Heal

This walk I have been taking down the little path of spirituality often has dropped me off into a emotional void. Trust and love seem to be the first emotions to close up and withdrawal. With a lifetime of being incorrectly educated to be concerned with others opinions and desires, I have created situations of distrust and conditional love. I have done this to spouses, children and other people, creating victims and martyrs alike. I am changing this with the Four Agreements. So this emotional void or abyss that one must traverse to gain a better understanding of the different parts of the heart and mind is very scary and I am so convinced it is full of demons and dragons of hurt and suffering. I understand that I must trust myself, in soul purpose and higher mind purpose, to guide and hold a space of openness, trust and love. To reach for the highest ideal I can access and pay attention thoughts, feelings and intentions I must remain focused, maintaining peak states of Now. Paying atte...

Giving more to my spouse

Currently I am working through several books, self-help, higher consciousness, type books. One is by Steve Pavlina "Personal Development for Smart People" and another Don Miguel Ruiz "The Four Agreements". My goal was to read three books a month that will challenge me to make changes. Of course I still have my other spiritual studies that I am to complete. I am doing okay on this challenge. Recently my lovely spouse has decided to be really challenging too my development and has produced a list of "expectations" she has for a spouse. To say the least, she has been frustrated with me lately. Understandably so. So in return I will be making a list of intentions for her. I am working through the list and making sure that each thing is inspiring, practical, purposeful and yet just challenging enough to not provoking to her free agency, goals and desires. Before I get into finalizing that list I am going to make some of my intentions known to the world, my sp...

Love, Forgiveness, & Gratitude

So many people have thoughts of futility about their lives, it becomes frustrating to actually listen to others peoples conversations. Many are so wrapped up in the rigid patterns of perceived priorities they do not even remember why they are existing; everyday functions are performed on autopilot. Of course having a basic understanding of why we exist and what we are suppose to be accomplishing tend to take many on journeys of the soul. The struggle can be easily overcome for yourself and for everyone else around you if you can utilize these three applications -- love, forgiveness and gratitude. Not to say life will no longer have its challenges; solutions to the insurmountable issues will be much more available if you apply these three aspects. John Lennon's lyrics to the song "Love" says much about the true measure of love that we need to apply in our worldly lives. "Love is knowing we can be" is pure humanity. The love of God is beyond our understanding and ...