Skip to main content

Today is the day of the Revolution!

The carefully guarded legacy of the Beatles is to be unleashed again upon the world. It is truly another invasion in the form of a Revolution. The release of the third popular "Rock Band" and "Guitar Hero" allow players to mimic their favorite Beatles band member with "The Beatles: Rock Band."

Forty-five Beatles tunes are featured in the game with instrumental parts, accompanied by animation sequences that will draw oohs and ahhs from fans. Fans choose a song and a member of the band, like, George Harrison's guitar line on "Day Tripper" and follow along as the animated Beatles perform.

Fans will play their favorite songs through great venues such as the Cavern Club and Shea Stadium. Later sequences take place in Abbey Road studio and other interpretive fantasy environments inspired by song lyrics and themes.

The seed was planted by son of George Harrision, the late Beatles guitarist, Dhani Harrison, who approached Harmonix with the idea. Every detail required approval from Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Yoko Ono and Olivia Harrison, the "Rock Band" team was given plenty of creative leeway.

The deal will is unprecedented licensing contract of 10 Million upfront for song licensing, according to the Los Angeles Times. The Beatles and other rights holders stand to gain another $40 million in royalites.

Fans of Rock Band will be able to dive right in by dropping $60 and use the accesories they already own. Others can choose from two special configurations: $250 Limited-edition bundle, whish includes the game along with Beatles-tailored gear, with controllers styled afdter RickenBacker and Cretsch guitars; or a $150 special-value bundle, with the game and standard "Rock Band" gear.

Of course one should already have an available game system.




A new twist for "Rock Band" and son of the most challenging aspects of the game is the new harmony parts. The more accurate the singing, the bigger the points rewarded.

MTV Games senior vice president Bob Picunko figures there are two big audiences for the new title: "It's a way to introduce rhythm-music games to Beatles fans, and introduce the Beatles to younger gaming fans."

"Coming in as a casual Beatles fan, you start learning about the complexities of this music in a much more direct and visceral way by playing it," says Foster. "Playing 'Taxman,' you realize how insane Paul's bass part gets -- in the middle of the song, it totally goes off script. You can't help but be confronted by those moments of creativity, those bursts of inspiration."

As a special bonus for my friends and family, I have a special coupon for a special price reduction. So if you are family or friends and want the Rock Band: The Beatles Limited-Edition for a special value, please click the previous link. This is only good for a few days.

Popular posts from this blog

A Moment with the Master

I am not sure that if a demon were to manifest right before me in such horrific detail that I would be affected as much if I found myself alone in desolation. Not really afraid of the dark as much I am fearful of what the full light could show. I wanted to speak to myself for just a moment. Do you do that, talk to that person that is always talking in your head? I have lots to say, when I can get a word in between the chatter. You should never believe the lesser men that espouse to teach the lessons of the great masters of the past. They smell of hypocrasy and there is potential dangers of the mass of humanity, the dullness, colorless, boring; the masses are the final tyrants on monotony. It is the primitive power that can be the cage of your power. Do you ask your Self these questions, when you are alone in the car or in the dark? How powerful are you and what are you really? You are not to ask of God, gods, spirits or ancestors, nor rely on them your whole life. They might help yo

One of my favorite poets and poem

I believe in all that has never yet been spoken. I want to free what waits within me so that what no one has dared to wish for may for once spring clear without my contriving. If this is arrogant, God, forgive me, but this is what I need to say. May what I do flow from me like a river, no forcing and no holding back, the way it is with children. Then in these swelling and ebbing currents, these deepening tides moving out, returning, I will sing you as no one ever has, streaming through widening channels into the open sea. Rainer Maria Rilke

True Sacred Union

I was awakened to a vision of Mary Magdalene on the night of the Summer Solstice, June, 21st, 2009. A most beautiful vision was opened to my eyes upon hearing my named calmly called out from my slumber. This personage was above me seemingly on a beam of cloudy light that opened a doorway from a dark tunnel. She was dressed in dark blue robes with a white shawl upon her head still again covered by a headpiece of the same blue. Upon her neck and wrists were white lace. It was very similar to the images Mary Magdalene that I have seen, since. As she hovered before me, I took notice of every detail. Her eyes were piercing but soft with forgiveness. Her skin seemed to glow yet somehow translucent. All around her head was a golden white glow. This glow emanated as rays of light from the sleeves of her robe. Her palms were showing and her arms were spread outward as if to receive and give at once. From the middle of her chest also came a ray of light. The colors were slightly different that